Friday 7 October 2016

Mounted militia & command

 The american cavalry, a ramshackle unit of mounted militia inspired on "the patriot" movie



 The cavalry'll be able to dismount hence this "unmounted" marker

 Unit dismounted in line, 4th base kept back to hold the horses, an idea taken from the Obscure Battles blog, an excellent source of historical articles with a sprinkling of wargaming, which I recommend reading.
 American generals
 Washington on Blueskin (yes the horse's name is also a mistery to me)


 Random pointing general


 My favourite model of the army: general with Cowpens map!


British attacking the first american line with the second hiding sneakily behind the hill

I also found this page full of Don Troiani's works, I'm sure some of you'll like it

No comments:

Post a Comment